A strong positioning and messaging strategy is about choice. It aligns every marketing dollar you invest to establish a clear benefit that’s compelling to your target audience.
Beyond this, positioning & messaging strategy ensures you’re communicating the most credible, and distinctive benefit your product or service offers. It encourages trial, establishes preference, and engenders loyalty.
Whether a current or new offering, a strong positioning and messaging strategy ensures all marketing elements are aligned and work toward building a unified positioning that drives sales.
- How should we position our offering for the greatest competitive advantage?
- How can we strengthen our positioning to reflect new improvements with our offering?
- What positioning strategy will be most compelling to this new target?
- Do we need to rethink our positioning for today’s market & consumer?
- How do we translate our positioning for the various marketing tactics and audiences in our plan?
- Review the current and historical brand messages
- Assess competitors’ brand messages
- Explore and define the target audience and their motivations for purchase
- Create starting point positioning territories for team discussion
- Facilitate team workshops, with “live” revisions to help align team
- Provide a summary of team’s selection in a benefit ladder and positioning statement, with suggested refinements