POSITIONING & MESSAGING STRATEGIES
You know your offering brings something better to the market but being able to sell it requires customers also believe it. And more importantly, buy it.
WHAT IS POSITIONING & MESSAGING STRATEGY
Incentivize purchase and long-term preference through competitively advantaged messaging strategies
A strong positioning and messaging strategy is about choice. It aligns every marketing dollar you invest to establish a clear benefit that’s compelling to your target audience.
Beyond this, positioning & messaging strategy ensures you’re communicating the most credible, and distinctive benefit your product or service offers. It encourages trial, establishes preference, and engenders loyalty.
Whether a current or new offering, a strong positioning and messaging strategy ensures all marketing elements are aligned and work toward building a unified positioning that drives sales.
WHAT ARE THE TYPICAL DELIVERABLES?
The positioning statement and benefit ladder gives your team and creative partners strategic guidance to develop compelling marketing & messaging materials
WHAT CHALLENGES DOES THIS SERVICE ADDRESS?
Example questions our Positioning & Messaging Strategy Service can address:
- How should we position our offering for the greatest competitive advantage?
- How can we strengthen our positioning to reflect new improvements with our offering?
- What positioning strategy will be most compelling to this new target?
- Do we need to rethink our positioning for today’s market & consumer?
- How do we translate our positioning for the various marketing tactics and audiences in our plan?
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Review the current and historical brand messages
- Assess competitors’ brand messages
- Explore and define the target audience and their motivations for purchase
- Create starting point positioning territories for team discussion
- Facilitate team workshops, with “live” revisions to help align team
- Provide a summary of team’s selection in a benefit ladder and positioning statement, with suggested refinements